Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stressed to the Max!

Jesus H. Christ! I've been running around all day like some little beotch. I think I'm finally finished packing and filling out paperwork, but being anal-retentive, I can't help feeling I've forgotten something.

Whatevs. At this point, I just hope whatever it is isn't so important I can't recover from its absence.

My Mom is on the verge of tears. It tears me up inside for sure: I hate seeing her cry. (You'd have to be a total bastard to derive pleasure from your Mom's pain.) I'm just hoping I can make it through the next 24 hours without crying as well. I was actually thinking about that earlier today: the last time I cried. It was in December or January when I watched Kite Runner. As Brit knows, I was bawling like a baby. But I just felt so bad for those kids. Don't get me started; the waterworks have begun again.

At least tomorrow night I can take my mind off of everything at Skewer's Happy Hour. It's such a sweet-ass place off of Dupont on P Street. Really chill, low-key, and cheap -- my three favorite qualities. I'll probably get drunk, but at least I have an excuse. What's yours?

No comments: